Our nursery provides a bright, clean, and safe environment for your child to play and interact with other kids. Our staff is carefully interviewed and hired so that your kids are supervised by a loving, attentive and responsible person at all times. All child care workers have had a background check and meet or exceed the appropriate Georgia state laws governing people who work in child care. Employees are also CPR certified.
Our check in desk provides an organized way to check in your child as well as to check them out after your work out. This also allows for a way to keep your child inside the play area.
We have expanded our childcare area to approximately 1400 square feet of play area for your child. Ok Moms and Dads, no more excuses for not working out!
CHILDCARE RULES & REGULATIONS
- Children must be at least 6 weeks of age through 13 years of age and be current on all immunizations.
- A Childcare Release Form must be signed prior to first visit and every year after.
- Childcare is limited to a 2 Hour Maximum per visit OR two group fitness classes, allowing a 15 minute grace period. If over this time a $1.00 charge will be payable by cash at time of visit.
- Parents must remain in the World Gym facility while children are in the childcare room, with the exception of those running or walking outdoors, as long as the parent indicates when checking the child in that they are going for a run/walk outside the building.
Parent must indicate their running/walking location and expected return time back to facility. The parent must leave their cell phone number with the childcare staff and have a cell phone with them should the gym have to reach them at any time during their run/walk.
- Only children of World Gym members, World Gym guests or World Gym staff are permitted in the childcare room, except if called to change a diaper.
- Parents are required to sign in and out with their children at each visit.
- Children with any visible signs of sickness will not be permitted. These symptoms include but are not limited to: runny nose with yellow or green mucus, fever, wet cough, pink eye, rashes, lice, ringworm, etc. Childcare staff will not administer any type of medication.
- Due to food allergies, food is not permitted in the childcare room. Please refrain from bringing food in backpacks or diaper bags.
- Spill proof cups with lids and/or prepared baby bottles are accepted. Items must be labeled with the child’s name.
- Parents must provide diapers and wipes for their child, along with a change of clothes. Diaper bags must also be labeled with child’s name.
- If a child has a dirty diaper at the time of entering the childcare room, it is the responsibility of the parent to change the diaper before he /she leaves to workout. Only diapers that become wet or soiled while the child is in the care of the staff will be changed.
- Staff does not change diapers of children ages 3 years and older. If needed the parent will be called to do so.
- Childcare staff will use only verbal reprimand for inappropriate behavior or language. Several warnings may result in the child sitting in a time-out. Parents will be notified of misbehavior.
- Toys from home are permitted at the staff’s discretion. Staff is not responsible for lost, stolen or left behind items.
- Georgia State Law requires children to wear shoes while in the facility in case of an emergency.
- The Childcare room is provided, but not considered as part of a members agreement privileges. Said service may be provided or discontinued at the option of the Club.
- Due to space limitations, Effective March 19th 2010, only those children accompanied by their parent may be permitted into childcare. Members cannot bring other children other than their own. This includes, but is not limited to grandparents, aunts, uncle, etc.
CHILDCARE HOURS AND FEES
Per Visit Option: $3.00 per child. Punch Card Option: 10-visits for $30.00
**Please note that punch cards ARE NOT transferable between gyms. Punch cards are only valid for use where purchased**
Unlimited Childcare Options: $35.00 / month for one child; $55.00 / month for two children;$70.00 / month for three or more children
There is an additional fee of $5.00 per child for families with five or more children. **Please note that unlimited childcare IS transferable between gyms based on type of membership. Please see one of our membership coordinators to add unlimited childcare to your membership agreement**
MON – SAT 8:00am – 12:00pm
MON & WED 4:30pm – 8:45pm
TUES & THURS 4:30pm – 8:30pm
no childcare on Sunday
MON – THURS 8:00am – 2:00pm, 4:15pm – 8:45pm
FRI 8:00am – 2:00pm, 4:15pm – 7:45pm
SAT 8:00am – 1:00pm
SUN 3:45pm – 7:00pm
WORLD GYM CHILD CARE POLICY
World Gym is pleased to provide on-site childcare for our members. We value our children and want their experience to be a happy, comfortable one. Since exposure to illness is an inherent risk of any childcare setting, we are providing parents and staff with guidelines for determining admittance to our childcare room.
Our goal is to promote the health, safety, and well-being of children and employees by reducing unnecessary exposure to contamination, injury, and/or contagious illness.
Parents are expected to be aware of their child’s health and use sound judgment when bringing their child to our facility. Children with contagious infections need to stay home so they do not expose others as well as to get the proper rest and nutrition needed. It is in the best interest of the child to be seen by a physician in any case where doubt or uncertainty exists as to the nature of the illness or its contagiousness.
Any situation deemed unsafe and/or unacceptable will result in the removal of the child from the childcare area.
The following guidelines will be applied to determine admittance to our childcare.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR EXCLUSION FROM CHILD CARE
- Illness that prevents the child from participating comfortably in program activities.
- Illness that results in a greater need for care than the staff can provide without compromising the health and safety of the other children.
- Fever (usually 100.4 F), frequent cough, persistent pain (ear, stomach, etc.), lethargy, irritability, persistent crying, difficulty breathing, or any other symptom of possible severe illness. Children must be fever-free for 24 hours without being medicated before returning to childcare.
- Children with reoccurring diarrhea and/or vomiting, they needs to be 24 hours free from symptoms.
- Mouth sores, including those associated with drooling, unless the child’s physician provides written confirmation that the child is noninfectious.
- Rash with fever and/or behavior changes, unless the child’s physician provides written confirmation that the illness is not a communicable disease.
- A child with bacterial “Pink Eye” (thick colored drainage or redness of the whites of the eyes, or under the eyes) may return after 24 hours of treatment.
- Impetigo, Ringworm, Shingles, and Scabies. The child must be under treatment and the lesions covered before returning to childcare.
- Strep throat and Scarlet Fever. A child must be without fever for 24 hours and must be on antibiotics for at least 24 hours before returning to childcare.
- Head lice, until after the first treatment.
- Chickenpox, until the 6th day after the onset of rash or until all the lesions have dried and crusted.
- Whooping cough (Pertussis), until 5 days of the appropriate antibiotic therapy has been completed.
Sources of above recommendations:
National Health and Safety Performance Standards / Fayette County Board of Education
Music with Miss Anne
Fridays at 9:30am
I have lived in Peachtree City for 18 years with my husband, Mike and three boys. Currently, I teach preschool music at three schools. I have taught age's infant to six years old for the past 13years.