Our nursery provides a bright, clean, and safe environment for your child to play and interact with other kids. Our staff is carefully interviewed and hired so that your kids are supervised by a loving, attentive and responsible person at all times. All child care workers have had a background check and meet or exceed the appropriate Georgia state laws governing people who work in child care. Employees are also CPR certified.
Our check in desk provides an organized way to check in your child as well as to check them out after your work out. This also allows for a way to keep your child inside the play area.
Ok Moms and Dads, no more excuses for not working out!
CHILDCARE RULES & REGULATIONS
- Children must be at least 6 weeks of age through 13 years of age.
- Each child must have current immunizations.
- A Childcare Release Form must be signed prior to first visit.
- Childcare is limited to a 2 hour maximum per visit; As a courtesy, 15min grace period allowed over the maximum visit limit for back-to-back group fitness class participation.Any time over time period is a charge of $1.00 due payable in cash at time of visit. (Absolutely no child is to remain in our childcare facility beyond 2 ½ hours.)
- Parents must remain in the World Gym facility while children are in the childcare room.
- Only children of World Gym members, World Gym guests or World Gym staff are permitted in the childcare room.
- Parents are required to sign in and out with their children at each visit.
- Children with any visible signs of sickness will not be permitted. These symptoms include but are not limited to: runny nose with yellow or green mucus, fever, wet cough, pink eye, rashes, lice, ringworm, etc. Childcare staff will not administer any type of medication.
- Due to food allergies, food is not permitted in the childcare room. Food should not be brought in backpacks or diaper bags.
- Spill proof cups with lids and/or prepared baby bottles are accepted. These items must be labeled with the child’s name.
- Parents must provide diapers and wipes for their child, along with a change of clothes. Diaper bags must also be labeled.
- Childcare staff will use only verbal reprimand for inappropriate behavior or language. Several warnings may result in the child sitting in a time-out. Parents will be notified of misbehavior.
- Toys from home are permitted at the staff’s discretion. Staff is not responsible for lost, stolen or left behind items.
- Georgia State Law requires children to wear shoes while in the facility in case of an emergency.
- The Childcare room is provided, but not considered as part of a members agreement privileges. Said service may be provided or discontinued at the option of the Club.
Per Visit Option: $3.00 per child. Punch Card Option: 10-visits for $30.00
**Please note that punch cards ARE NOT transferable between gyms. Punch cards are only valid for use where purchased**
Unlimited Childcare Options: $35.00 / month for one child; $55.00 / month for two children;$70.00 / month for three or more children
There is an additional fee of $5.00 per child for families with five or more children. **Please note that unlimited childcare IS transferable between gyms based on type of membership. Please see one of our membership coordinators to add unlimited childcare to your membership agreement**
WORLD GYM CHILD CARE POLICY
World Gym is pleased to provide on-site childcare for our members. We value our children and want their experience to be a happy, comfortable one. Since exposure to illness is an inherent risk of any childcare setting, we are providing parents and staff with guidelines for determining admittance to our childcare room.
Our goal is to promote the health, safety, and well-being of children and employees by reducing unnecessary exposure to contamination, injury, and/or contagious illness.
Parents are expected to be aware of their child’s health and use sound judgment when bringing their child to our facility. Children with contagious infections need to stay home so they do not expose others as well as to get the proper rest and nutrition needed. It is in the best interest of the child to be seen by a physician in any case where doubt or uncertainty exists as to the nature of the illness or its contagiousness.
Any situation deemed unsafe and/or unacceptable will result in the removal of the child from the childcare area.
The following guidelines will be applied to determine admittance to our childcare.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR EXCLUSION FROM CHILD CARE
- Illness that prevents the child from participating comfortably in program activities.
- Illness that results in a greater need for care than the staff can provide without compromising the health and safety of the other children.
- Fever (usually 100.4 F), frequent cough, persistent pain (ear, stomach, etc.), lethargy, irritability, persistent crying, difficulty breathing, or any other symptom of possible severe illness. Children must be fever-free for 24 hours without being medicated before returning to childcare.
- Children with reoccurring diarrhea and/or vomiting.
- Mouth sores, including those associated with drooling, unless the child’s physician provides written confirmation that the child is noninfectious.
- Rash with fever and/or behavior changes, unless the child’s physician provides written confirmation that the illness is not a communicable disease.
- A child with bacterial “Pink Eye” (thick colored drainage and redness of the whites of the eyes) may return after 24 hours of treatment.
- Impetigo, Ringworm, Shingles, and Scabies. The child must be under treatment and the lesions covered before returning to childcare.
- Strep throat and Scarlet Fever. A child must be without fever for 24 hours and must be on antibiotics for at least 24 hours before returning to childcare.
- Head lice, until after the first treatment.
- Chickenpox, until the 6th day after the onset of rash or until all the lesions have dried and crusted.
- Whooping cough (Pertussis), until 5 days of the appropriate antibiotic therapy has been completed.
Sources of above recommendations:
1. National Health and Safety Performance Standards
2. Fayette County Board of Education
I would like to remind parents that it is the policy of World Gym that children under the age of 14 years must remain in the childcare room of the Club during childcare operating hours. We offer a qualified staff to ensure your child has a safe, positive, and fun experience.
Childcare is available only to children of World Gym members, staff, and registered guests. Without exception, parents can only bring their own children or those for which they are legal guardian.
Parents are required to sign in their children at drop off and sign out when the children are retrieved. Children are welcome for up to a maximum of 2-hours per visit. Our policy requires parents to remain in the Club while their child is in childcare. Parents are able to run outside of the Clubs BUT must return within 45minutes. Parents must carry with them a phone or pager so they can be reached if necessary. Parents must list the phone number on the sign in sheet along with the time they are leaving for a run and their expected time of return.
World Gym policy states that parents cannot bring their children to the Club when childcare is closed. A list of current childcare hours of operation is available at each location.
We appreciate your regard for the safety and well being of all the children eligible for the childcare service offered by World Gym of Fayetteville, Highway 54, and Peachtree City.
World Gym Management
Mon/Wed - 4:30 - 7:35p
Tues/Thurs - 4:30 - 8:35p